On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 02:15:48PM -0500, Dan Ost wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 15:16 -0300, Dedeco wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >   I know anyone can install FVWM if they want, but it seems like it is
> > not shipped with many popular distros. In many places I use computers
> > (linux), I have the option to choose wich WM I can use, but
> > unfortunatelly the only distro I had it was SuSE.
> >
> >   Is there any effort being made to convince the people responsible for
> > arranging the linux distributions to include FVWM as an option of a
> > window manager?? I think it would not be too difficult, since FVWM
> > instalation requires less than 3 MB and is good, and has been here for
> > much time.
>
> I'm pretty certain that there's an FVWM package for every major distro
> out there. If the package is installed, then it should show up in the
> list of available WMs.

There is, it's just that certain distributions or even operating systems
(think OpenBSD for instance) ship with FVWm version from the last eon.

> If these are machines where you don't have admin privileges, then you'll
> have to try to convince the box owner to install FVWM for you.

One can easily install it to $HOME in those rare cases the sysadmin
refuses to install it globally.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Wanting to feel; to know what is real.  Living is a lie." -- Purpoise
Song, by The Monkees.