[ Grumbles about stupid shed-painting... ]

On 13/07/07, Ryan Daly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 20:43 -0400, Gautam Iyer wrote:
> Erm. This is a feature of "su" and not fvwm. I think su clears most
> variables before starting a root shell. For instance if I do
>
>     env ASDF=hello su -
>
> on my system, then root still can not see the environment "ASDF". You
> might be able to do some "pam" magic to disable this...

I AM NOT DOING AN 'su' TO ROOT.

I am logging in from XDM as root and not seeing the environment that I'm
specifying in my configuration.

And how might you be starting FVWM?  Are you relying on the use of
~/.xsession?  Is FVWM even being told where to look for the config
file?  (Assuming it's not already /root/.fvwm/config, or one of the
other seven different varieties the man page lists as being part of
its search procedure.)

-- Thomas Adam