Why are you encoding Zend Framework at all? It's an open source project, not like you need to conceal any intellectual property...

Regards,
Eric

On Dec 12, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Joe Kramer wrote:

Nico,

My point is incompatibility between Zend products.

If you build serious, enterprise-level project, you probably will use
Zend Guard. I am not being elitist, but it seems like Zend framework
is not used for projects that are encoded with Zend Guard? Because
nobody raised the issue before.

Regards.

On 12/12/06, Nico Edtinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[12.12.2006 16:26] Joe Kramer wrote:
> There is no "compile php", you can only do "php -f" to parse single
> file.

There is a syntax checker (lint) built into php with "php -l". -f
does also execute the file.

> Probably can be automated using some script to parse every file in
> whole project tree.

find . -name "*.php" -exec php -l {} \; | grep -v "^No syntax errors
detected"

> ZF has 10 or so parse errors.

With the above line in trunk/ I only got:
   Strict standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference
is deprecated in ./incubator/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on
line 273

What other errors do you get?

nico

PS: I used 5.2.0 for the syntax check.