Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 12.12.2006, 18:38 +0200 schrieb Joe Kramer:
[...]
> It's not only about obfuscating.
> Zend Guard optimizes performance of scripts. Compiles php files into
> bytecode. And it caches them.
> Makes perfect sense for high-volume projects.

I do not want to be beaten by the Zend-guys, but if you just want to
have bytecode, then try Xcache[1]. It works pretty well, provides a
sensible admin interface and is open source software, btw. I'm currently
one of the developers of germany's biggest dating platform, and we are
using there the Zend Framework combined with Xcache which works
flawlessly.

http://trac.lighttpd.net/xcache/wiki/

Greetings, Lars
--
      "Kriterium des Wahren ist nicht seine unmittelbare
          Kommunizierbarkeit an jedermann"

name: Lars H. Strojny      web: http://strojny.net
street: Engelsstraße 23    blog: http://usrportage.de
city: D-51103 Köln         mail/jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
f-print: 1FD5 D8EE D996 8E3E 1417  328A 240F 17EB 0263 AC07