Hi All,

I've just released a 'socket daemon' framework, which I've created as a part of an open-source project I'm working on.

With it you can handle hundreds to thousands of client and server connections, asynchronously, with build in buffering, state handling, etc. Implementing a new TCP client or server service (or a mix thereof) with this library is very easy, and allows maximum flexibility in your implementations.

I was wondering if maybe the ZendFramework would be interested in having such a library in the incubator, or if its to far out of spec for the goals of the project.

If interest does exist, I'd be happy to change the code to Zend's specifications (some differences exist in function naming style) and write up a full documentation for it, and submit it for inclusion.

Download links and a bit of information can be found on: http://www.chabotc.nl/phpsocketdaemon/

The tarbal includes a httpServer demo implementation to give more of an idea how to use it and what its capable off.

Thanks & Regards,

   -- Chris Chabot