I would like to confirm that SQLite allows:

1. Big database
2. Big number of fields
3. Complicated queries
4. Very fast

but not
1. High concurrency

The problem is there is a lot of PHP applications require MySQL or
PostgreSQL backend. SQLite is very fast for tasks with low concurrency. It
will become a bad option when you decide to roll out a high-traffic website
and/or a website that need to serve multi-users browsing at once. By nature,
it locking mechanism does not fit for it. Moreover, PHP is moving toward to
be a tool for web applications that require high concurrency and
scalability.