Hello,

I am glad to see ZF on a PEAR channel.

However, I feel there are some advantages to distributing in micro packages versus a single macro package. Mostly, that distributing smaller packages forces an explicit enumeration of dependencies between packages. I believe the process of breaking the framework up into smaller PEAR packages will make the framework better by making dependencies more explicit and forcing people to think more about them.

I also think that micro packages would help adoption. I can say that I would be more willing to use ZF components if I can first use and become familiar with a couple of the more independent packages without creating a huge dependency in my code on stuff that I am not using and don't necessarily understand. In other words, if I have to install the whole framework to use it in my application, I have more to understand and thus a higher barrier to using it.

Additionally, I think a micro package release would boost the ecosystem around ZF as other PEAR channels and code bases can better integrate dependencies on ZF.

Best Regards,

Jeff