jabber would be very cool. but i would recommend ejabberd
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru http://ejabberd.jabber.ru  insted of java
wildfire. jabber.org, the public Jabber server of the Jabber Software
Foundation uses it, too.

Is it possible to create a community chat in the next time? I really miss
one. Makes some people more productive ;)

cheers,
flipkick