From: Jim Scherer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fw-general@lists.zend.com
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 3:37:09 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Request for feedback: moving Zend.php to Zend/Zend.php

I agree with what Ralph and now many others are saying. +1. I'm a newbie, and
like most programmers, do better with things that are logical and intuitive.
The Zend class was a bit of a mystery to me until I read this discussion. A
class named Zend meant nothing except that it was required to make the whole
thing work. If it isn't a requirement and can be replaced by Zend_Registry,
Zend_Loader, Zend_Debug I'd welcome that. And absolutely break my code and
eveyone elses, it's pre-release.

I've read from day one how you can use the entire framework or whatever
components appeal to you. Including "Zend_Loader" or "Zend_Registry" doesn't
lead me to believe that I'm getting the entire framework, but loading "Zend"
does.  To me, adding the "Zend" class to my project represented adding the
framework in its entirety. That was my misunderstanding. If you were looking
to add only a component or two, the "Zend" class might scare you off. I
recognize that the documentation is being written to demonstrate how to use
individual components, but I go to examples and index.php before
documentation, and when I see 'include "Zend.php";' I think ut-oh, I have to
include this giant file that represents the whole framework.

Jim