Perhaps moving Zend.php to Zend/Core.php as-is AND making new classes to
replace it is the better solution.

We can make the move from Zend to Zend_Core and people can easily do a
global search-replace to handle it.

Once Zend_Core is in the framework, you can basically turn each of it's
functions into a wrapper for the 'real' function.
For example, Zend::dump() could just point at Zend_Debug::dump()
We could mark the entire Zend_Core class deprecated and remove it on
the 1.0release.

I personally would prefer it if the entire framework was contained in the
/Zend directory.  It's a cleaner layout.  Besides, Zend::dump() is a great
little function, but it absolutely does not need to be a 'core' function
that is loaded on every request.

My 2 cents.

Lee

On 2/27/07, Tautvydas Andrikys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>> Now every package has its own directory and one file in parent
>> directory, so i offer to move all files to package directory:
>> Zend/Zend_Filter.php => Zend/Filter/Zend_Filter.php
>> Zend/Filter/Zend_Filter_Alnum.php [no change, couse it is same package]
>> Zend/Filter/Zend_Filter_Alpha.php [no change, couse it is same package]
>> Zend/Filter/Zend_Filter_Digits.php [no change, couse it is same
package]

> why we need to repeat Zend_Filter twice?
Zend_Filter would not be repeated twice. Zend/Zend_Filter.php would be
moved to Zend/Filter/Zend_Filter.php

> What good would it make?
Every package would be strictly separated. Now all packages are mixed up
in Zend directory. And this solution is time tested in Java, where each
package is in its own directory. This is solution to svn:externals too.

> And how we know Zend and Filter get its own directory but Alpha does
not?
If Alpha would be in differenet package it would be moved to that
package directory

And yes it would require quite some work to refactor to this
structure... so i dont think this will be implemented in ZF:(

Tautvydas Andrikys aka esminis