Most people declared Zend_Translate over Zend_Translator, because
non native english people know "translate" but do not know "translator"...

Why? Do nouns not translate well to other languages?  I don't understand.

I think you respond related to the issues ZF-944, ZF-945, ZF-946, ZF-947.
I am not member of the devteam, so the decission itself was not done by me.

Related to your question...
Nouns do not translate good in every language, but I am only german native and do not know the english language very well.

We would have to rename all nouned classes. This would be probably the following ones...

Acl/Assert
Cache/Backend/Memcached
Controller/Response
Controller/Route/Rewrite
Gdata/ClientLogin
Gdata/CodeSearch
Http/Response
Locale
Log
Mail/Protocol/Smtp/Auth/Login
Measure
Measure/Cooking
Measure/Flow
Mime/Decode
Pdf/Cmap/ByteEncoding
Request
Validate
Validate/Between
Validate/GreaterThan
Validate/LessThan
View
Environment/View
Environment/Security/Test/Core/AllowUrlFopen
Environment/Security/Test/Core/AllowUriInclude
Environment/Security/Test/Core/DisplayErrors
Environment/Security/Test/Core/ExposePhp
Environment/Security/Test/Core/RegisterGlobals
Environment/Security/Test/Session/UseTransSid
Environment/View
Soap/AutoDiscover
Translate

Please excuse my inperfect english...
But if it is decided to change all classes to noun we should do this 100%.

The original classname Zend_Translate was choosen by me several months ago because this class is used when you want to "translate" something... so you "translate this text".

As german native I am much more common to "Translate" than "Translator". But this is only my view of this issue.

Greetings
Thomas
I18N Team Leader