Hi

I'm trying to forward from within the init() function of a Controller to an action in a different controller, but it is only using the action argument - forwarding only within the current controller.

for example, in my class
        firstController extends Zend_Controller_Action

I add into the init() method
$this->_forward('myAction','second'); //forward to secondController::myAction

Then (provided the action doesn't exist in firstController) an exception is thrown showing:

firstController::myactionAction() does not exist

ie. It is just forwarding to the specified action within the current controller. (The same thing occurs when specifying modules as well.)

If the code is anywhere other than init(), it works as you would expect.

Have I missed something, and this is intentionally so by design, or is it a bug?

Thanks
Nick