Hi Cristian,

What would you suggest then?

And what do you mean by big sites?

- mb

On 4/20/07, Cristian Bichis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hello,

Actually i believe for big sites not just Zend_View is more complex, but
also Controller-Action model is not very suitable...

For a simple application, or for a simple CMS yeah,  news/add   news/view
  news/delete   aso are all what we need but for more complex situations...

If we are talking about multiple reusable zones over one page then we may
talk also about multiple actions and controllers/page... And so on...

--
Best regards,
Cristian Bichis

 Hi all,

I've been having one of those long discussions about implementing the Zend
Framework in a sample application (sort of an exercise a few of us are doing
to improve our own practices and knowledge of working with the ZF ;)).

When we came to rendering a web page, we assumed there would be lots of
reuseable widgets and elements included - not all that far fetched really.
The problem is that Zend_View isn't all that cooked up for the task. I tried
finding some references to a current practice but all I seem to find is
references to using a controller's _forward() method to switch in and out of
other controllers (which grab the Model and View for reusable elements of a
webpage).

I'm not sure I follow the logic of this - it seems to be something that
becomes prohibitively more complex the more reusable elements are added -
not to mention controller to controller knowledge is basically coupling and
seems more a case of an afterthought system than something deliberate -
especially unless it follow some configurable pattern to dynamically build
layouts.

Has anyone found, or can recommend, a simple easy to implement practice?
As it stands our discussion has leaned towards introducing Layouts and
subclassing Zend_View to introduce the Composite View pattern (and possibly
View Helpers to allow Views access the Model read-only style). I can't find
anything at present which offers a more elegant solution for introducing
reusable elements into an overall View.

Hopefully the wizards occupying this mailing list have some ideas :).

Best regards,
Pádraic

Pádraic Brady
http://blog.astrumfutura.com