Hi everyone,

Well I have an idea for an extention to the Zend framework that would allow you to make use of Amazon's S3 storage technology. This is kind of my idea.

The object on construction would take in the key, shared secret, and the Amazon S3 Url (which would be optional, in case someone else mimics S3).

Now one thing I dislike about S3 is that having sub directories in buckets is not an aspect of S3. I've seen in the past people talk about ways to fake it using text and S3 Keys but I am not sure how S3 keys works yet, as I am just beginning to go down the S3 road, but think it would be nice to have something that everyone can use.

Anyway, I want to make it simple for people, I think this is a good beginning.

// Create the object.
$s3Obj = new Zend_S3($key,$secret);

// Create Bucket.
$s3Obj->createBucket("bucketName);

// Delete Bucket.
$s3Obj->dropBucket("bucketName);

// Upload file
$s3Obj->createFile(bucketName://fileName);

// Get the file
$s3Obj->getFile(bucketName://fileName);

// Delete file
$s3Obj->dropFile(bucketName://fileName);

For a directory path past the bucket I would expect something like this, and everything would happen in the background to mimic a directory path

//Upload file
$s3Obj->createFile(bucketName://path/to/file/fileName);

//Get the file
$s3Obj->getFile(bucketName://path/to/file/fileName);

//Delete file
$s3Obj->dropFile(bucketName://path/to/file/fileName);

I am not sure if there are other aspects of the S3 protocol that I am not aware of that could be included, but I think this could be a great resource.

I think this is a nice way to keep it simple, and is easy to follow.

What do you think?

James