Hi everyone,

As I will be undertaking the role of release manager for the next
several releases, my responsibilities will include notifying the
community of upcoming releases.

The intent is to give enough lead time prior to a release for developers
to complete work on the most critical changes.

The Zend Framework 1.0.1 mini release is currently targeted for Monday,
July 30. This will be about four weeks after the 1.0.0 release and will
include various improvements, consisting primarily of bug fixes. Code
freeze for the release is currently scheduled for Friday, July 27.

Developers: Since the 1.0.1 release will be produced from the
release-1.0 branch, only those changes which have been committed to this
branch will make it into the release. Therefore, once you have committed
changes to the trunk with passing unit tests, please request review from
a community member or a Zend liaison, and then merge the changes (except
for documentation) to the release branch. See the Zend Framework Version
Lifecycle document (http://framework.zend.com/wiki/x/HYo) for more
information. If you are unsure about whether to merge a particular
change, please do not hesitate to ask me personally.

I plan to send additional reminders as we approach the code freeze date.

Please feel free to post to this list any questions you might have about
the release. Thank you!

Best regards,
Darby