Hi,

On 7/17/07, mike55 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi,

want to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp.

kepp getting the error:

Warning: fgets() [function.fgets]: SSL: fatal protocol error in
D:\adat\awebsites\ev-manager\mvc-site\lib\Zend\Mail\Protocol\Abstract.php on
line 303

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

this is the code:

I remember I got a "fatal protocol error" with Zend_Http_Client when
the default SSL version was set to "sslv2" or "sslv3" instead of plain
"ssl" inside the class file. This really had nothing to do with the
configuration parameters I passed into the class on init.

Now I did not have a chance to verify this with
Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp but you may look at the code directly and see
if that is the case indeed.

On Zend_Http_Client the fix was to use "ssl" because that
autonegotiates the version during the handshake.

Hope that helps,
Till