-- Laurent Melmoux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 07 August 2007, 10:14 PM +0200):
> Kevin McArthur a écrit :
> >The biggest issue is that the debian etch (now stable) distribution
> >spec's on php 5.2.0 which currently causes an incompatibility between
> >parts of Zend Framework and Debian.
> It's what I'm using !

Basically, it's an issue with PHP 5.2.0, and there isn't a way to
provide the functionality with that one, single version. Go up a
version, there are ways to do it that will work both with 5.2.1 and up
as well as the 5.1.x series; same thing if you program towards 5.1.x.
5.2.0 is the one version causing the issue.

I had the issue with Zend_View at the time 5.2.0 was released, and in
discussion with some of the PHP core devs discovered that a BC break had
been made with that version. While the break wasn't completely changed
for 5.2.1, it was modified enough that there were ways to implement the
functionality.