As for the ZFI and chains, I feel like it is a shame to reproduce existing code. Although I have to agree ZFI might be overkill and/or not suited for combining with the Zend_Form API, I do believe the Zend_Filter and Zend_Validate chains can be extremely usefull for Zend_Form.

Cheers,

Jurriën

On 08 Aug 2007, at 09:51, Kevin McArthur wrote:

This is very similar to the syntax I posted previously. It's a solid approach.

The only issue I came along trying to mock this up is the implementation details (see the previous thread about Zend_Session and php 5.2.0) as well as wether or not the component starts a-new or layers on top of Zend_Filter_Input and the concept of chains.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jurriën Stutterheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Zend Framework General" <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 12:49 AM
Subject: [fw-general] New Zend_Form Proposal

Hi all,

A few days ago I posted a new Zend_Form proposal. It takes a somewhat
different approach than Simon & Ralf's proposal.
It has been discussed a few times on #zftalk, but I feel that it
could really use some community input.
Please read it and comment on it at:

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36061

Thanks!