        From: Juan Felipe Alvarez Saldarriaga
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:05 AM
        To: fw-general@lists.zend.com
        Subject: [fw-general] Zend_Search_Lucene - Fatal error when I
try to load it

        :)

        I have this situation:

        * Two index files, one for english and one for spanish content,
(/home/jfalvarez/projects/my_test_site/tmp/lucene/en -
/home/jfalvarez/projects/my_test_site/tmp/lucene/es), this index files
are created using this portion of code:

         foreach ( $arrSystemLanguages AS $intLanguageId =>
$arrLanguageData )
          {
           // If the Lucene language folder is not created, then try to
make an mkdir and set permissions over the new folder.
           if ( false === is_dir( LUCENE_INDEX_PATH .
"/{$arrLanguageData['identifier']}" ) )
           {
            try
            {
             // Create filesystem folder.
             mkdir( LUCENE_INDEX_PATH .
"/{$arrLanguageData['identifier']}" );
             // Set language folder permissions.
             chmod( LUCENE_INDEX_PATH .
"/{$arrLanguageData['identifier']}", 0777 );

             // And now we try to create the Lucene index file per
language folder! :D.
             $objLuceneIndex = Lucene::create( LUCENE_INDEX_PATH .
"/{$arrLanguageData['identifier']}" );

             // Load a new document, a blank document.
             $objLuceneDocument = new Zend_Search_Lucene_Document();

             // Set this blank document to the index created.
             $objLuceneIndex->addDocument( $objLuceneDocument );
            }
            catch ( Exception $objError )
            {
             throw new Exception( "Can't create Lucene language folder
for {$arrLanguageData['name']} - ({$objError->getMessage()})" );

        When I execute this at the first time, I always have this error:
"Can't create index. It's under processing now", ok, I refresh the page
like two time (for the two languages on my application) and now the page
works.

        So, when I try to add data to the both index I always got this
exception error: "Can't obtain shared index lock".

        Im using something like this:

         foreach ( $arrSystemLanguages AS $intLanguageId =>
$arrLanguageData )
          {
            // Load Lucene lib.
            $objLucene = new Lucene( LUCENE_INDEX_PATH .
"/{$arrLanguageData['identifier']}" );

           // Add fields ...

           // Save document ...
          }

        I look into the Zend_Search_Lucene library and that error
appears when I instantiate the object, I need to "destroy" the object
every time or something ?

        Thx for any help.

________________________________

        This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.