On 8/18/07, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> -- PotatoBob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> (on Friday, 17 August 2007, 11:33 PM -0700):
> >
> > I sure hope default module layouts and a setConfig() feature are added
> > zend_layout :(
>
> Ralph and I were discussing Zend_Layout yesterday. The current design
> we're looking at would have a default layout, and allow specifying the
> layout to use either via a setLayout() accessor or as an argument to a
> render() method.

Just jumping in to put my two cents in -- this is exactly what I'm looking
for (setLayout() option). I originally built a layout support, of this exact
same model, on top of Zend_View in ZF ~0.6. In my research  to figure out
Zend_View changes, I ran across this post. I'm still figuring out what
changed in Zend_View, but this is what I'm looking for. I'm actually rather
shocked this option wasn't added with 1.0.

--
Philip
[EMAIL PROTECTED]