-- Daniel Rossi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Thursday, 27 September 2007, 10:59 AM +1000):
> Hi was wondering if there is any such forms generation functionality
> as yet when using the model classes ? I believe it would be a good
> thing to have although the form element generation currently is set
> in helpers ?

I have been assigned as the Zend lead for a Zend_Form component, and am
currently reviewing the existing proposals as well as solutions in other
frameworks and languages.

The current consensus is that the form component will collect form
elements, which will each have their own validations, filters, and
renderers (i.e., you will be able to specify the view helper used to
render a form element).

However, the form component will initially be de-coupled from models as
we don't have any generalized solution for models yet (specific models
exist already, of course, in such components as Zend_Service, Zend_Db,
Zend_XmlRpc_Client, etc). In internal discussions, we've talked about
the possibility of adding form generation from models, and any solution
we adopt for a form component will be flexible enough to make this
possible.

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/