Hi Matthew,

My Form proposal is a bit out of date (I need to find some time and patience to update it ;), but the general idea I'm describing is still valid. To get a better picture of how I invisioned Zend_Form you could check out my implementation from it's SVN:

http://tools.assembla.com/svn/zfcomponents/

In that implementation are two things not described in the proposal yet: Builder classes and Plugins.

The builder plugins allow for form instancing from e.g. a Db_Table object. The plugins can be used to customize the controller flow defined in the FormHandler action helper.

For a demonstration on how it would work there is a sampleapp in the Examples dir.

Also, I post form related stuff on my blog: www.norm2782.com

Hopefully my work on the form component will be a source of inspiration.

Maybe we could discuss forms on #zftalk some time.