On 06/ott/07, at 23:00:25, rogeson wrote:

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your input. I'm very familiar with all of the .Net
justifications, what I'm looking for here are the benefits of PHP +ZF. I,

PHP/ZF leaves you in control of situation. I don't work with .net but
i had a chance to give a look at a .net project a friend of mine
was working on. He also does php. .net seems to deal with
presentation logic by means of a rich hierarchy of components
which hide complexity by generating lot of serverside html code.
Also, .net needs to manage application navigation turning everything
into form submissions in order to mantain viewstate (the postback mechanism).
We found out that all this implicit management builds a big gap between
code written by developer and html/javascript code produced by the framework. This will probably make debugging and refactoring a hell, especially when short on time.
My friend ended up in need to skim through a 1200 pages reference guide
to figure out how to change a single attribute in a html tag.

PHP/ZF scales horizontally. This means it is designed from the ground up
to scale by stacking up low profile servers without particular needs.
.net seems to make use of shared memory which is pretty evil
when you need to scale.

Federico