Dodger wrote:
Ralph,

Do you have any documentation or usage examples? Is there a proposal
document?

I am actually working on that stuff as I write this.

Effectively, in executing and building the code for Zend_Layout, I got to the point where the Inflector was needed. Upon proofing out the Inflector, I realized that we were YET AGAIN building a helper type registry for the purpose of loading include_path and non-include path classes (in this case in the form of filters). So, in the spirit of DRY (not repeating ourselves), this is how the PluginLoader came about.

That said, there are usage examples and documentation floating around, I just need to get it included in the incubator.

So does this class manage an array ('registry') of instantiated classes,
which are loaded on demand with a short name?

Correct.

It seems very centered around plug-ins and helpers, I was (just) looking to
remove the necessity of 'requiring' model files in controller files.

Right, I understand. Thats why I said it might not have a lot of overlap with your needs. You aught to have a look at this though:

http://svn.ralphschindler.com/repo/ZendFramework/Zend_Controller-ModelLoader/library/Zend/Controller/Action/Helper/ModelLoader.php

Its a few months old, but this was built to load models in by the action controller. It allows for path registration and name prefixing.

On another subject, how are things going with Zend_Layout? Is there any
usable code available?

Not yet, but very very soon, ill post to the list when the code is in the incubator and ready to go, as of right now, its being "built out".

-ralph