Shahar Evron wrote:
10 redundant include files have quite an impact on performance,
especially in places where you have no opcode cache installed.

If you don't have an opcode cache you simply don't care about performance. So why should we optimize for these people? There're a couple of opcode caches available and future PHP versions have APC bundled.

The suggested optimization can be
a) something like we did before - one central method, which didn't work so well b) repeated every time we need to throw an exception, which is bad practice and bad for readability

IMO the best solution is a big banner "USE AN OPCODE CACHE IF YOU CARE ABOUT PERFORMANCE".

nico