-- Nogyara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Saturday, 26 January 2008, 12:25 PM -0800):
> Impressive numbrers, even 125 req/sec is much more than I hoped, because ZF
> loads and uses quite a lot of files for any request.. APC must be really
> powerful

APC and other opcode caches (Zend Platform, eaccelerator) compile files
to byte code and persist them in memory until a change in the file is
detected. So, while ZF (and other frameworks) will load many, many class
files on each request, you'll only take the hit once (well, until the
cache TTL expires).

To quote Ilia Alshenetsky, "If you're not using an opcode cache, you're
not seriously interested in performance."