To: "Thomas Weidner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Justin Hendrickson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <fw-general@lists.zend.com>
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: [fw-general] Timezone recommendations?

On 2 May 2008, at 20:25, Thomas Weidner wrote:

You are speaking of cities (which have nothing to do with timezones).

I think this is what he is after - it's not about the time zones themselves, but about their naming and presentation, however, it is a very fixed and predictable data set with the same index in all languages, so looking for a set of translations seems reasonable to me - indirection through a generic list of cities seems like a bad idea when the purpose is so specific. I thought of setting up a sourceforge project to gather translation sets like that after I had such a hard time finding ISO 3166 and 639 translations, when they are things that just about any translated app will need.

the question was related to timezones and not to country names.
ZF offers country name translation per default for all languages.

I realise that, I was merely suggesting that there might be translations for other data sets on there too.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of [EMAIL PROTECTED] CRM solutions