Currently I have written a backend wrapper which adds support for tags in backends like memcached and APC. This makes use of a SQLite database that stores the tags. But it also stores the tags in the cache backend.

---
Regards,

Pieter Kokx
MaakSite.net
PHP Developer

Nico Edtinger schreef:
Wouldn't storing the tags in a file for backup solve the problem? You'd have to write twice for the tags, but you may have the speed of memcache with the reliability of the file storage.

Of course something like the new ezcCacheStack class as base for such a solution would even be better.

nico