Hi,

Can you rapidly explain, the rules of the changes made?
For example:
- 80 columns
- ...
Because it's sometimes easier to make the changes directly in our
language without comparing with english files.
It's what I applied with the recent modifications (cutting rows after
<![CDATA[ and before ]]>).

Mickael.

Wil Sinclair a écrit :
Do you mean the changes I'm making to the <programlisting> sections? If
so, the formatting here is a bit more significant than the formatting in
any other section. This is because no renderer (HTML, PDF, etc.) wraps
this text- and they shouldn't either since that would just make the code
unreadable. All the changes I'm making to the code are specifically so
that it doesn't run off the page when rendered in a printable format
like PDF. Going forward, if documentors were stricter about applying the
'80 column' rule in the coding standards for docs, this would be less of
an issue.
On solution that we could consider is having all translations share code
examples. This is somewhat tricky, since there is documentation in the
code comments that is usually translated, too. I think we might be able
to refactor some of these examples to move the documentation that is
current in code comments out to the normal text, but there are certain
cases where this can be very unwieldy and make the docs potentially more
confusing. I don't won't to make translators jobs harder than they are
already. :) Does anyone have any other suggestions? Does anyone think
there is enough value in sharing examples across translations that we
should try this? If so, I'd still have to figure out the means of doing
this, but docbook has a simple include mechanism that should make it
pretty easy if we decided to go in this direction.

,Wil