Please see my comments inline.

Regards,

Jason.

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, mikaelkael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: mikaelkael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [fw-general] About improving ZF doc translation
> To: "Wil Sinclair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, fw-general@lists.zend.com
> Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 1:48 AM
> "But translators should consider waiting a little while
> before applying
> these formatting changes" : it's what I think :-)
**********************************
How to schedule this kind of job?
*********************************

> .
>
> For the consistency of the documentation, following the
> example of the
> code of the ZF, we can add a light script of tests to
> check: line
> length, presence of a \n at the good place, respect of
> code conventions...

I agree that we need some tools to do the documents check for some purposes
(like fixing formatting probelm)as we human are more likely to forget some
of them or to make some typos on that.

> Mickael.
>
> Wil Sinclair a écrit :
> > I kept it right around 70 columns, mainly because the
> code started moving off the printable page and it would have
> been hard to read in a smaller font. But translators should
> consider waiting a little while before applying these
> formatting changes, unless you'd like to render your
> docs in PDF now, that is. I will be looking through all the
> docs and making them consistent style-wise very soon after
> 1.6, and I will have to make changes to the code listings at
> that time as well.
> > I apologize for all the changes. As some of you may
I am glad to see our documents has been greatly improved.
Everybody should thank you for the changes.I did know some complaints
on the examples within ZF documents long time ago.

And also I think it should be a chance to let us to re think how to do
the documents(and translating) more efficiently and accurately. I believe
some similar changes will be happening somethings in the future.

That's why I am thinking we provide Zend_Translate as a component
of ZF to others to facilitate their development, why don't we
make use of it?