As and addition, I noticed that when putting

       if(! is_array($attribs)){
           var_dump($attribs);
           //exit();
       }

inside the function, is actually dumps NULL, while $attribs should be Array{}, because the default is array(). PHP 5.2.5 doesn't seem to assing the default value...

Regards,

Bart McLeod

Bart McLeod schreef:
Hi Benjamin,

I was able to remove the error by removing the type hints in your interface. There is no point in having default values array() if you are type hinting for array's. In that case, when the underlying system passes in a null value, for whatever reason, the error will be fatal.

public function datePicker($id, $value = null, *array* $params = array(), *array *$attribs = array())

changed to:

public function datePicker($id, $value = null, $params = array(), $attribs = array())

This way, if null is passed in, the default values will kick in. If invalid values are passed in, I would recommend throwing a decent exception when ! is_array($attribs). That way, it will be handled by the errorController.

I thought the error was caused by my groupings: they remove all decorators and put in their own. But your error persisted after I handled this in a way that preserves the JQuery ui decorator. So there was a problem under the hood, somehow.

I also noted that passing in the value has no effect. $element->setValue($default) has. I also found no way to set the label, other then through $element->setLabel(). Maybe I did not try that last part hard enough.

Regards,

Bart McLeod

Bart McLeod schreef:
Hello Benjamin,

Yes, the decorators is exactly where I will have to be looking. The reason that the 'begin' id caused the error is that the 'begin' field is grouped together with other form elements automagically, because I just hate to set decorators every time. It is more than likely, that in the proces, the datepicker decorator is not added or not configurated properly by this automatic proces.

I will run a test where I will var_dump the decorators before and after grouping and look at the differences.

Can you give me the url to the closed bug? If I find something useful, I would like to comment there.

Regards,

Bart McLeod

Benjamin Eberlei schreef:
Hello Bart,

ok i'll close it. In my opinion using the view helpers is really easy, but the form elements are a bit hard to wield since the Element Decorator structure is quite complex which spills to the jQuery specific elements and decorators.

greetings,
Benjamin