Thanks for that, I've managed to get it working now with the rewritten
autoCompleteDojo at
http://www.makina-corpus.org/2008/10/26/autocomplete-ajax-search-with-dojo-and-zend-framework/,
and I've got dropdown dependencies working with a bit of javascript, but now
I have one last little problem!

It works perfectly on the New form, but when you try to $form->populate in
your Edit controller, the autocomplete fields aren't filled in on the form
for editing. How has everyone else solved this one?