Huh? I really don't understand. Matthew, could you please elaborate?

The preDispatch method of the Plugin Broker has a try/catch block that should grab anything, and send it to the request object? no?

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
-- Waigani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Monday, 03 November 2008, 09:59 PM -0800):
Is it possible? I want to throw an exception in the preDispatch of a plugin
if you are not allowed to view the page. I then want to handle that
exception via the errorController. I can wrap the $front->dispatch() in a
try / catch and catch the exception in the bootstrap, but then how do I
forward that onto the errorController, as the front controller has not been
dispatched? I've read the manual and other posts and have not found an
answer nor an alternative method.

Currently, throwing exceptions in plugins is unhandled, and you must
handle them manually, as you are attempting to do.

Probably the easiest way to re-dispatch in this case is to simply set an
error message in the session, and then redirect to an error page where
you display that message.

We *have* noted this issue for a future Zend_Controller improvement.