Yeah, I'm trying that:

$this->getResponse()->setException(new Zend_Exception("test"));

It does get handled in dispatchLoopStartup by the error controller, but
orginal action also gets called as well as the error action (and you get two
views rendered - orginal and error). When I throw an exception in a plugin,
I want to stop everything and just handle that exception in the error
controller.