You are going to have to do this with Javascript. I'm trying to build the
ultimate example of how you do dependent dropdowns using Zend + Dojo, and
I've got it so far to the point where it works when adding a new record, but
when you try to edit data, the $form->populate method fails to build a
dropdown appropriately when using a Dojo datastore (which is the recommended
way of doing dependent dropdown menus). So far I've been unable to work it
out, and a few posts to this mailing list haven't turned anything up yet,
but if/when I eventually work it out, I'll be building a detailed
demonstration of how to do it.