It used to be called Zend_Ascii:
<http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Ascii+-+Ben+Scholzen>Zend_Ascii
- Ben Scholzen - Zend Framework
Wiki<http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Ascii+-+Ben+Scholzen>
As is typical, I finally had time to play around with it only after it had
been promoted to trunk.  ;-)  As a result, I have some suggestions:

- It desperately needs an option for padding.  Having everything butt up
against the left or right (if not centered) doesn't look quite right.  I'd
set the default padding to 1, so that things look like this:

+---------+--------+
| Date    | Rating |
+---------+--------+
| 2008-06 | 5      |
| 2008-07 | 6      |
| 2008-08 | 8      |
| 2008-09 | 0      |
| 2008-10 | 2      |
| 2008-11 | 6      |
+---------+--------+

instead of like this:

+---------+--------+
|Date     |Rating  |
+---------+--------+
|2008-06  |5       |
|2008-07  |6       |
|2008-08  |8       |
|2008-09  |0       |
|2008-10  |2       |
|2008-11  |6       |
+---------+--------+

- I'd replace the second two parameters of the constructor with an options
hash, which allows you to set values for separation, decorator, and padding.
 For example,

$options = array(
    'separation' => 'header',
    'decorator'  => 'Ascii',
    'padding'    => 1
);
$table = new Zend_Text_Table(array(9, 8), $options);

as opposed to:

$table = new Zend_Text_Table(array(9, 8),
Zend_Text_Table::AUTO_SEPARATE_HEADER,
                             new Zend_Text_Table_Decorator_Ascii());

- There should also be mutator methods for each of these options (i.e.,
setSeparation(), setDecorator(), and setPadding()).

- In keeping with other areas of the framework, I should be able to pass in
the strings 'Ascii', 'Unicode', or 'My_Text_Table_Decorator_Whatever' as the
value for the decorator, in addition to an actual object.  The common use
case is switching to 'Ascii', and having to type "new
Zend_Text_Table_Decorator_Ascii()" is a bit sadistic.  :-)  I recommend
using Zend_Loader_PluginLoader for this.

- It's a simple component, but it needs more documentation than it currently
has (with more code examples).  You have nothing about separation or
decorators, for example.

I think the options hash for the constructor is the most important of these
in the short term, because changing it in the future will be a BC break,
whereas the others are improvements.  Second on my wishlist would be
padding.  If you would like some help to get them done before the deadline,
contact me off list and I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Other than those few things, I think this is a great component.  Good job,
Ben!

-Matt