On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Ben Scholzen 'DASPRiD'
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And the last component for 1.7 was just promoted to trunk. You have a
> few (6) days left to test it out, before the final release comes, so
> have fun.

For starters (and also for lazy people such as myself), here is the
link to the code:
http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework/standard/trunk/library/Zend/Text/

I second most/all of Matt's requests, here are a few minor details,
mostly related to straight code:

1) In Zend_Text_Table::__construct, the first else is not needed
(throw is good enough).

2) I'd refactor the if/elseif/else for $drawSeperator (in
Zend_Text_Table::render()) into its own function. I'd also refactor
some of those large if/else's.

3) Fix documentation in Zend_Text_Table::appendRow() (InvalidArgumentException)

4) No idea what the convention is, but what about using
Zend_Loader::loadClass() instead of require_once? I don't care so much
about the exceptions, but the sub classes for example could be
Zend_Loader'ed.

5) Is it possible that Zend_Text_Table_Row and Zend_Text_Table_Column
share some code or maybe implement the same interface?

6) You throw InvalidArgumentException in Zend_Text_Table_Row/_Column,
this should probably be Zend_Text_Table_InvalidArgumentException, or
something?

7) svn:keywords property missing in all files ;)

8) In Zend_Table_Text_Column::setContent() you always cast to UTF-8,
while I know that UTF-8 is a standard (somewhat), I'd make it the
default and otherwise a configuration option for the developer. Also,
it would be nice if the code was able to determine the encoding (=
convenience) without relying on the developer to provide the encoding.

9) In Zend_Table_Text_Column::setAlign() - make that array static, or
it's re-evaluated with each in_array().

10) Is there a convention to use "or" or "||" ? I'd use one style only.

11) You use iconv and Matthew told me it's somewhat the standard. But
mbstring support would be nice as well. Might be only my personal
preference, but - to pull the performance card - I also heard it's
faster. :-)

Just some feedback, I don't know about all the conventions yet. But
I'm trying to wrap my head around them. ;-)

Cheers,
Till