On 24 Nov 2008, at 16:55, Django Woolf wrote:

Hi All

Am new to php/mysql and am looking to use Zend Framework as the backbone of my introduction into such application design, for the purposes of building
dynamic web sites.

I have made myself sufficiently familair with HTML as the first part of my learning and now wish to step up to building data driven web applications.

Have fore-armed myself with several books for reference, but feel that at my advanced years and lack of technical nous...the best method for accelerated learning is to use the above, in a by rote manner.....almost like building a
jigsaw, which I can examine by seeing completed and working code.

Could someone kindly offer a start point?

thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome on board!

I'd recommend Rob Allen's site/blog. He has a good tutorial at:

http://akrabat.com/zend-framework-tutorial/

Rob also has a book that's due out any minute, which assumes you know PHP but goes through the Zend Framework very well.

Rob's Book's site: Zend Framework in Action

Padraic 'will get cross because I'm not using Unicode ;-)' Brady has a whole blog application series starting at:

http://tinyurl.com/6o4xkq

Beyond that there's the programmers reference, experimenting and this list.

Hope this helps. All the best,
Carlton