I would also recommend a basic guide to OO programming, as much of Zend
takes advantage of PHP5's OO features, and unless you spend the time to
formally learn OO it can be somewhat confusing. There are a number of
fantastic tutorials out there on the Googles, but I personally read the
first 2 chapters of "Packt Publishing - Object-Oriented Programming with
PHP5", which all made so much sense that I didn't need the rest of the book
:P

There's a lot more to OO than what you'll learn through an understanding the
mechanics of it, it takes a number of years to really get to *think* in
objects. Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java" is apparently a fantastic book for
helping you down the road of truly understanding OO, but I've not read past
the first few pages yet. Always so busy :/