I made a post to the mailing list last week about this exact problem: a
method of limiting certain actions (or parameters of an action) to internal
calls only.

I believe I have solved the solution by using a 'secureParam' class, as per
my reply [to my own post ;)]:
http://www.nabble.com/Securely-sending-information-between-actions-td20727566.html#a20727566.
I havent had time to try it yet, but afaik, it should work fine.

Any other guidance if anyone has any other suggestions would be appreciated.