-- Jordan Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Monday, 01 December 2008, 08:24 PM -0800):
> The route that fails is as follows:
>
> <routes>
>   <homepage>
>     <type>Zend_Controller_Router_Route_Static</type>
>     <route></route>
>     <defaults>
>       <action>homepage</action>
>     </defaults>
>   </homepage>
> </routes>
>
> The only configuration-type changes I make to the front controller is
> setting the default module to "public" and turning on
> "prefixDefaultModule". I'm not removing default routes.

Okay, I've verified this, and will look into it more closely first thing
in the morning. However, I have one caveat: not providing a default for
the controller parameter in your route -- paticularly in static routes
-- is a bad practice, and one we have certainly never intended to
support. (I would have expected the above to fail previously, to be
quite honest.) That said, I will look to see if there is a solution that
addresses both the issue report for which the solution broke your code
as well as your own use case.

In the meantime, setting the 'useDefaultControllerAlways' front
controller parameter to true in your bootstrap:

    $front->setParam('useDefaultControllerAlways', true);

is a quick fix for your situation.