I have been reading through the documentation and many tutorials around the
web, and one tutorial got me asking the question ‘where does this really
belong’.

The tutorial in specific was on Akra’s DevNotes (Rob, if you are reading
this, your  tutorials are AWESOME!), titled : Getting Started with Zend_Auth
(http://akrabat.com/zend-auth-tutorial/)

The question that came to mind is Rob is checking for an identity in the
preDispatch() method of the action controller --
Zend_Auth::getInstance()->hasIdentity() --, and I am wondering if this
wouldn’t be better located in the init() method of the action controller?

I guess what it really comes down to is without poking through the Zend
Framework source code and api documentation too much, what ‘order’ does
things happen in, and what are the best practices of what should go into the
different methods.  Is there some kind of quick descriptions or maybe an
application flow diagram of some sort that has been put together showing
this?

Thanks
Aaron Murray