Not necessarily. You can put one partial in a single location. I have
the following structure for my applications:

application/
  layouts/
  views/
    scripts/
  modules/
    agency/
      views/
        scripts/

I have scripts located in both the layouts/, views/scripts, and
modules/*/views/scripts/ folders, and I render some partials located
in just application/views/scripts from the module/controller view
script. You don't have to have a copy in each of your respective
controller directories.

BTW, is what you're doing not suitable for Zend_Layout ?
--
Chris Weldon

--
Christopher Weldon