> > I see Zend are using bamboo but it doesn't look like its really used very
> much.
>
> Actually, we're having some issues with configuration, due to our
> network layout. Wil and I are making a push to get those issues resolved
> this week and next. :)

Great, I did see Will posted some ideas for bamboo improvements, did any of
these get accepted by Atlassain and are they likely to appear anytime soon?

> I've done a little work doing CI using just shell/PHP scripts and
> cronjobs, but the results are not nearly as good -- more to keep track
> of, and less introspection into the actual "build" process (i.e.,
> inability to see the status of the build, such as status of test
> running, etc).

What I've gotten so far is a very simple ZF app which is used to configure
projects to be built, it uses a mysql DB to store information about the
builds so for each build I record start / end times, number of lines changed
/ added / removed from svn and also the build status (pass / fail). The
projects are built using Phing currently.

For each project it stores a build number which is just a simple incremental
counter.

The app then copies the code coverage / unit tests / phpdoc files from the
build folder to a public folder on the internal webserver so that I can view
the latest API docs and code coverage results etc.

I don't yet have any graphs etc but its something I might look at adding at
somepoint if management bug me enough about it.

No where near as powerful as cruisecontrol / phpundercontrol but was quite
simple to implement. Are there others out there who would be interested in
something like this that could help with design / coding if I decide to take
it any further?

Regards

Marco