On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Thomas Weidner <thomas.weid...@gmx.at>wrote:

> I don't think that this is really maintainable by the dev team or the
> community, but that's only my opinion.

Maybe there's something specific to this dev team, but why not handle this
by fixing all bugs in the release branch matching the version it was found
in, and merge to trunk (and any other branch necessary)?

At the very least, it would be useful to have an official policy on it.  But
changing the minimum requirements for each release, and then saying you're
abandoning all past releases isn't very "nice" for those that cannot upgrade
their systems.  Especially in this case, where the options are "live with
the bug, fix it yourself, or use a version you don't meet requirements for"

Just my opinion :)

--
A.J. Brown
web | http://ajbrown.org