I'm just recently using the paginator and I also ran into this problem.

I had to do multiple selects on e.g. all my users

$userModel = new UsersModel();
$users = $userModel->fetchAll()->toArray();

foreach($users as &$user) {
  //... do other selects and add data to users;
}

// put everything in the paginator

This can become very time consuming when you got a lot of users and only
want to display 10 each page. But I didn't find a way around. So if anyone
has a suggestion...

-----
visit my website at  http://www.phpscriptor.com/ http://www.phpscriptor.com/