I've been taking a look at Zend_Navigation this afternoon as I've realised
that this is doing what I've just spent the last few weeks writing!

I've started to play with the view helpers and after looking through the
code on them I have some questions.

1) The Menu helper automatically appends spaces to the output and these are
hard coded within the helper. While this means that the source looks good
when View Source is selected, we have a coding standard in place where we
use TABS for HTML output. Could this be changed to allow TABS as well? The
other View Helpers use ->setIndent() and I can use tabs in that by calling
->setIndent("\t"). Any plans to do amend the Navigation view helper to do
this as well?

2) Also I seem to recall that previously I've had problems with the content
of li tags being on a separate line to the tags (probably in IE6...) So
could there be the option to output a tag as either -

Page 1
or

        Page 1

3) I can't help but think there are a few errors in the code. I may be
totally wrong as I've only skimmed though, but I've come across bits like
this in Menu.php:

Line #249
if ($this->getUseTranslator() && $t = $this->getTranslator()) {
Should it be
if ($this->getUseTranslator() && $t == $this->getTranslator()) {

if ($href = $page->getHref()) {
or
if ($href == $page->getHref()) {

if (!$found = $this->findActive($container, $minDepth, $maxDepth)) {
or
if (!$found == $this->findActive($container, $minDepth, $maxDepth)) {

if ($found = $this->findActive($container, $minDepth, $maxDepth)) {
or
if ($found == $this->findActive($container, $minDepth, $maxDepth)) {

if ($partial = $this->getPartial()) {
be
if ($partial == $this->getPartial()) {

If I am right then Breadcrumbs.php (the only other page I've looked through)
has similar possible errors.

4) I see there is a CSS class of "active" which is added to a list item when
it's the "isActive()" page. However, I would like the option of being able
to supply my own class name(s). And the ability to add a CSS class to other
li tags as well - e.g. the first and last of a particular list (including
both selected and non selected lists), also classes to odd and even tags in
a list for Zebra crossing type effects. Plus I'd like to add an ID to a top
parent ul.

If any of these issues aren't likely to be addressed by the launch of 1.8
I'd like to submit a feature request for them so I'd be grateful if someone
could say what's in plan for the next release.

Apart from that, I can't wait for the 1.8 release now. This and
Zend_Application are two worthy additions to the framework.