-- Steve Reed <imstevier...@hotmail.com> wrote
(on Thursday, 23 April 2009, 09:16 AM -0700):
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:
> >
> > Zend_Tool generates a public/index.php file, an
> > application/Bootstrap.php file, and an
> > application/configs/application.ini file. public/index.php pulls in
> > Zend_Application, and passes it the path to the configuration file,
> > which indicates the include paths and path to the bootstrap class file.
> >

> Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious here but if I set up my
> index.php and application.ini exactly how it specifies in the manual, I'll
> get a fatal error as the Zend/Application.php file cannot be located due to
> the path to the Zend library being added to the include_path by
> Zend_Application. I've always set the include_path to the Zend library
> (which always resides in my project/library directory) in my index.php like
> so:

> define('APPLICATION_PATH', realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../application'));
> define('LIBRARY_PATH',     realpath(APPLICATION_PATH  . '/../library'));
>
> defined('APPLICATION_ENV')
>     || define('APPLICATION_ENV',
>         (getenv('APPLICATION_ENV') ? getenv('APPLICATION_ENV') :
> 'production'));
>
> set_include_path(implode(PATH_SEPARATOR, array(
>     LIBRARY_PATH,
>     get_include_path()
> )));
>
> require_once 'Zend/Application.php';
>
> $application = new Zend_Application(
>     APPLICATION_ENV,
>     APPLICATION_PATH . '/configs/application.ini'
> );
> $application->bootstrap();
> $application->run();
>
> Is the set_include_path call above somehow redunant like it suggests in the
> manual? My include_path setting in php.ini is just ".". Using Zend_Tool to
> create a project skeleton might answer my question but, as Rob Allen posted,
> it's failing in 1.8.0b1 so I can't test it.

There's an assumption that ZF is already on your vhost's include_path
somewhere. Zend_Application allows you to specify additional
include_paths specific to your application.

If ZF is *not* on your include_path, you'll need to add it prior to
requiring Zend_Application. A good place to do so is your .htaccess or
vhost configuration, but you may also specify it in your index.php.

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/