Hi

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Matthew Weier
O'Phinney<matt...@zend.com> wrote:

> Within your view, you, the developer, know your context, so it's up to
> you to define the escaping mechanism. We're just going to provide a sane
> default for the 80/20 use case.

80/20 is a nice rule but not for security. I went through this way few
years ago and as you mention it was so convenient to don't care in 80%
of cases but the rest was pain in the ass. The setEscape() method
doesn't help too much when you have to mix css/js/html code in a
single phtml file.

I believe that first set of message to this list will ask questions like this:
- how to to turn of automatic escaping
- why my Javascript doesn't work

Finally, proposed solution seems to be the best one, with the current
Zend_View design, but it's wrong to thing that you rise level of
security in your application; the level is still same as a before.

--
Ondrej Ivanic
(ondrej.iva...@gmail.com)