Hi

> Why are you mixing them into a single file? Why not have separate files
> for separate types of code? This simplifies the story for escaping,

Sametimes you have to mix everything together because you need
dynamically generate values of certain attributes like onXXX, style,

> We can provide tools for the developer -- it's up to the developer to
> use them properly. Again, the 80% use case for view scripts is HTML, so

heh, "it's up to the developer to use them properly"... little bit
wrong premise.

> autoescaping using htmlentities or htmlspecialchars is the appropriate

There is only one correct solution: htmlspecialchars($s, ENT_QUOTES).

--
Ondrej Ivanic
(ondrej.iva...@gmail.com)